11 Facts To Know Before Getting Your First Eyelash Extensions
You can bet that every woman is wishing to have fuller and long eyelashes, right? But you might not get this with your natural lashes. Our natural lashes do not have the proper volume and length to define the beauty of the eyes. So how will you enhance the look of your eyes? You can use a lot of cosmetics such as eye shadows, mascara, eyeliner, and kohl to make your eyes attractive. Although, these things will make you look beautiful but not for a long. If you are looking for some long-lasting results, eyelash extensions would be the best for you.
In recent years, you can observe that there has been a huge demand for Eyelash Extensions in the beauty industry. The extensions are a cosmetic procedure that gives a natural look to your eyes. With the application of eyelash extensions, you won't need any other eye beauty product such as mascara, eyeliner, eye shadow. You might be thinking that you can get false eye extensions and attach them to the lashes. In this way, you won't need the lash extension treatment. But the falsies do not impart a natural look and may come off within a short span of time. Eyelash extensions have the ability to fulfill your dream to have perfect longer and fuller lashes.
Just imagine how it would be when you wake up in the morning and have all fuller, darker, and lengthy eyelashes. It sounds really exciting and wonderful that you would run to the nearest salon to get the extensions on your lashes. But before you rush to get your first extensions, it is essential to know everything about eyelash extensions.
Through this article, you will get to know about the eyelash extension procedure, its types, durability, and the precaution you need to maintain. This is an ultimate guide that will help you to gain complete knowledge about the last extensions before you decide to go for them.
What Are Eyelash Extensions?
Eyelash extensions refer to the cosmetic treatment in which the lash technicians use synthetic or natural fibers (lashes) and semi-permanent glue to attach over your natural lashes. It is a completely safe and non-invasive procedure that can bring a distinct look to your eyes. After the attachment of the synthetic lashes, you will notice that your eyes look wider and the lashes fuller, dark, long. With the application of lash extensions, you will notice that your eyes appear wider and instantly boost your confidence level.
Process - How To Get Eyelash Extensions?
Before you decide to get the eyelash extensions, it is essential that you have a complete understanding of the procedure. When the technicians perform the treatment, nothing will be a surprise for you. You will be mentally prepared for it. The given below are the steps that are involved in the procedure of eyelash treatment.
- Step 1. The lash technician will clean your natural lashes to remove the makeup, dirt, debris. They usually use either makeup remover or shampoo for cleaning the lashes.
- Step 2. The lash artist will cover up the lower lash line by putting eye pads in the under-eye area. The eye pads will also protect the upper lashes from mixing with the lower lashes.
- Step 3. To attach the synthetic lashes, the technicians will apply semi-permanent glue on the natural lash line and smoothly place the false lash extensions alongside the natural lashes. Glue is applied on the lash line and each individual fiber extension is placed on the natural lashes with the help of tweezers.
Top 11 Facts You Must Know Before Getting Eyelash Extensions
1. What Is The Function Of The Lash Extensions?
You might have come across a lot of women who are fond of eyelash extensions. So what difference do you experience with it? What is the basic functionality of eyelash extensions? With the lash extensions, you will enhance the beauty of your eyes. You may have different eye shapes, your technician will choose the type of extension that suits your natural lashes and eyes. Whatever eyelash extension you choose, will impart volume and length to your natural lashes.
2. What Are The Different Types Of Eyelash Extensions?
Lash extensions are available in the market in different types. The two main categories of eyelash extensions are natural fibers and man-made fibers. The lashes made from natural fibers come from animal hair such as fox, sable, and mink. People and various lash artists do not opt for these lashes as they may raise ethical concerns in society. Man-made fiber lashes are also known as artificial lashes. They are made from faux mink, silk, and other synthetic material.
3. Ensure That The Lash Glue Is Safe
During the application of lash extension, the lash glue player a significant role. Before you are all set for the lash treatment, ensure the type and safety of the glue used by the lash technician. You should take note of the ingredients that go into the manufacturing of the glue. If there is the slightest amount of formaldehyde in it, just stop. Such chemicals are not good for the skin as it causes irritation and has many side effects. It is safe to use the glue that is manufactured from octyl cyanoacrylate or butyl cyanoacrylate. These chemicals are not harsh on the skin and do not cause any irritation.
4. You Should Check The Length And Curl Size Of The Natural Lashes
Do you know the shape of your eyes? If not, then it is crucial to know what eye shape you have. Based on that you can select the eyelash extensions for your eyes. Sometimes, you end up choosing a beautiful lash style that does not suit the shape of your eyes. In such situations, you won't get the desired result. Eyelash extensions are available in various different lengths, volumes, color shades, and curls. The length of the extensions starts from 6mm and extends to 18 mm. Sometimes, the artificial lashes can be customized in length to suit the eyes. You need to choose the length of the lashes that perfectly align with the natural lashes and does not look out of place. If you do not want the lashes to appear artificial, it is important to make the right selection.
Even the curl type of the lashes is defined in terms of J B C D curls. J has a basic and most natural-appearing curl. If you want a dramatic look, choose C or D curl type.
5. You Should Choose To Work With Professional Lash Technicians
This is one of the most crucial things that you should not neglect. Although you have selected the best eyelash extensions for your eyes. If you are not having a professional lash artist to help you with it, you won't get the desired look or dramatic effect on your eyes. A skilled professional will not just help you with the application of the lash extensions but also select suitable lashes. A skilled lash artist will ensure that no damage is caused to the natural eyelashes. besides, they will use high-quality products for the eyes. In order to find the best lash artist around your area, you can ask for referrals from your friends and family. Apart from that, you can do research through online platforms by checking out the websites, reviews, ratings. If you try to work with unprofessional or unskilled technicians, they might ruin the process and you won't get the dramatic look you always dreamt of. Another thing is that they are not completely aware of the products to be used around the eyes. Even a slight mistake can cause redness, irritation, and swelling around the eyes.
6. How To Take Care Of The Eyelash Extensions Before And After The Treatment?
Although you are getting a stunning look with eyelash extensions, it is essential that you are taking proper care. With care and maintenance, you can make the lashes last for a longer time period. Here are some of the tips that you can consider while taking care of your lash extensions.
The Preparation That You Need To Follow Up Before The Procedure
- You should not use any sort of eye makeup or waterproof mascara a week before the treatment.
- Don't apply any heavy cosmetic products around the eyes or on the natural eyelash. If you take care of these two things, it will be easier for you to take care of your lash extension and natural eyelash.
The Care You Should Take After The Eyelash Extensions
- For around 24 to 48 hours, you should not apply any sort of eye makeup or wear mascara after the lash extensions treatment.
- Do not touch your lash extensions frequently. It may smudge the glue the cause irritation.
- Do not wash your eyes or face for at least 24 hours. The water can remove the effect of the glue and cause infection in your natural eyelashes.
- You should not go swimming for two to three days.
- If you want to use a makeup remover, don't use oil-based removers. It will make your lash extensions fall off. You can consult the technicians to know about the best oil-free lash cleanser. The cleansers would not affect the glue and clean your synthetic lash.
- Unless the glue has completely dried, do not opt for hot showers, steam baths, or even a sauna
- Use a wet cloth to clean your face but avoid the area around the eyes.
- Make use of a soft lash comb or spoolie brush to gently brush the lashes.
7. How Much Do The Estimated Eyelash Extensions Cost?
This is usually the most common thing that every one of us would like to know before we go for lash extension. You need to know whether the eyelash extension treatment is within your budget or not. For this, you can visit a salon or lash stylist and understand the actual cost of the treatment. As for the record, the range of the eyelash extension treatment is between $90 to $150. The lash extensions cost depend on various factors such as
- the location of the salon
- the experience and skill of the lash stylist
- the lash extension type you choose
- the products used by the technicians
This is the estimated cost when you are getting eyelash extensions treatment for the first time. If you want to regularly refill the eyelash extension, the cost would differ from $50 and $100. Again, this will include the number of false lashes you want to get.
8. Is The Lash Extension Treatment Time-Consuming?
If you want to add volume to your natural lash and make it look dramatic, fluttery, and attractive, the number of lashes attached will be high. The technicians usually require 2 to 3hours as they have to apply the lash extensions on your actual lash line. The process requires utmost care accuracy and precision. Since individual fibers are attached to your natural lashes with care and precision. It might seem that it is a time-consuming process but the artists will make the experience worthy of it. The false lashes will look just like your own natural lashes.
9. Are There Any Side Effects of Lash Extensions On Natural Lash?
If you are getting the lash extension treatment from a reputable salon where skilled professionals work, you don't have to worry about the side effects. They maintain all the precautions and precision that no infection or allergic reaction is caused to your eyes, and lash. If you are not getting the treatment from a good lash technician, there may be certain side effects like:
- Burning sensation
10. Are Eyelash Extensions Safe?
Yes, the eyelash extensions treatment is safe. You just have to follow up with the aftercare to not get your lashes wet. Your lash technician will give your proper guidance regarding aftercare. Make sure you follow these instructions and enjoy fuller lashes for weeks.
11. How To Remove Eyelash Extensions?
Eyelash extensions can last for almost 8 to 10 weeks if you take proper care. The extension would fall off just like your actual lashes and make way for the new lashes to grow. If you want to remove the extensions, use the best quality lash glue remover. It will be an easy and hassle-free way to prevent lash loss and remove the extensions.
These are some of the most essential things that you need to know before getting eyelash extension treatment. If you are in search of a salon that provides you with this treatment, consult Ilasas in Maricopa. They have the most experienced professionals who would give your eyes a dramatic look and ensure a completely pain-free experience. Ilashas is a reputable salon where you can get a wide range of eyelash extensions in varied styles. All you have to do is to visit the salon and you will get all you need for bewitching eyes.